KKR Invest $ 1 Billion in British Water Company owned by Lee Ka-Sing Group

KKR Invest $ 1 Billion in British Water Company owned by Lee Ka-Sing Group

A new -York -investor company, KKR Northmpriyan Water Group, agreed to invest $ 867 million ($ 1 billion) for a minority share that is CK.

After completing the KKR contract, it has 25 % water in the UK and the other 75 % are CK. Hutshan, C.K. Infrastructure and C.K. Northumbrian Water, which provides water and sewer services to people in the North East and South East of England, was purchased by Leigh Companies in 2011 for £ 2.4 billion.

CK Hutchison is ready to receive HK $ 1 billion ($ 127 million) from the deal, while CK Infrastructure and CK Asset will receive HK $ 900 million and HK $ 500 million respectively. The deal is expected to close before the end of this year, subject to regulatory approval.

In the past there has been a merger between KKR and CK Group. Last year, a consortium led by KKR invested $ 3.7 billion to buy Spark Infrastructure, an Australian energy company that has partnered with Australian electricity distribution companies CK Group.

A major deal between the two giants is said to have been reached two weeks ago. Negotiations to take over UK Power Networks, the UK’s largest electricity supplier, for £ 15 billion have been broken, reports the Financial Times. A consortium led by KKR and Macquarie withdrew from the deal after CK Infrastructure tried to raise prices amid rising inflation and currency fluctuations. Founded nearly 45 years ago, KKR will forever be known as "The Savages" after its incredible $ 25 billion takeover of RJR Nabisco in 1988. It is the face of the takeover of Wall America's corporate America, but in recent years the company has adopted buy-and-build approach to their investments. Lee, who turned 94 last month, earned the nickname “Superman” as he built a global trading empire with interests in everything from ports, utilities and telecommunications to real estate and retail in more than 50 countries. His current wealth is estimated at $ 35.2 billion, which has long surpassed Hong Kong's wealth charts. After his eldest son Victor Lee took over as president in May 2018, Lee continues to serve as a senior advisor to his two parent companies, CK Hutchison and CK Asset.

Related news
Now Web3 is changing the dynamics of social networking
Now Web3 is changing the dynamics of social networking
Channels like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have become places for all kinds of social interaction since they entered the social media. We share our thoughts, opinions and feelings on these platforms to communicate with friends and family. According to the 2021 Digital Report, more than half of the world’s population uses one or more social networks
Norwegian Air and Wideroe have agreed to cooperate
Norwegian Air and Wideroe have agreed to cooperate
OSLO (Reuters) - Norwegian Airlines and Wideroe Airlines have agreed to cooperate in the Norwegian domestic market with ongoing travel, including joint tickets and passengers, the airline said on Tuesday.
Britain could experience its hottest temperature on record this week
Britain could experience its hottest temperature on record this week
LONDON (July 18) - Britain was ready for temperatures to hit 40C for the first time this week and ministers urged the public to stay home as the heatwave led to the cancellation of train services, a London airport closed its runway and closed some schools.
The US Treasury's guidance on Russian oil price caps gives maritime service firms a safe harbor.
The US Treasury's guidance on Russian oil price caps gives maritime service firms a safe harbor.
Treasury on Friday issued new guidance on a proposed Western price cap on Russian oil exports, saying that maritime services providers would not be held liable for false pricing information provided by buyers and sellers of Russian crude
Indian Gautam Adani is now the world's fourth richest after Bill Gates' new big giveaway
Indian Gautam Adani is now the world's fourth richest after Bill Gates' new big giveaway
There's a new richest number 4 in the world: India's Gautam Adani, who earned a spot on Forbes' real-time billionaire rankings after Bill Gates announced a huge new giveaway this week.